Monday, January 30, 2006

I've Been Tagged

Tim Worstall's tagged me with the meme. The attention's nice, so here goes...:

Seven things to do before I die.
1) Write a book
2) Lose weight
3) Travel up the West Coast of America
4) Score a fifty, or better still a century
5) Live in another country
6) Learn three languages fluently
7) Watch the Olympics in person

Seven things I cannot do.
1) Roll my tongue
2) Watch an England rugby match without nearly having a heart attack
3) Agree with Yasmin Alibhai-Brown
4) Ride a motorbike
5) Change a lightbulb
6) Remember how to use a microcard reader
7) Assemble a fan

Seven things that attract me to... a city
1) Good architecture
2) Friendly people
3) An interesting history
4) A nice park near the centre
5) An easily definable centre
6) A good museum or two
7) Funky food

Seven things I say.
1) A pint of orange squash, please
2) Can we have the number six onside, ref?
3) Well, it's funny, because if you compare that to what happened in the American Revolution...
4) Give that man a loaf of bread
5) It's quite interesting...
6) You'll regret that
7) The Ken is mightier than the sword

Seven books that I love.
1) Beyond a Boundary by CLR James
2) East of Eden by John Steinbeck
3) Ajax: The Dutch, The War by Simon Kuper
4) Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
5) Moneyball by Michael Lewis
6) Dangling Man by Saul Bellow
7) The American Revolution by Ed Countryman

Seven movies that I’ve loved.

This one's tough - I can barely think of seven movies I've seen...
1) Downfall
2) Stand By Me
3) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
4) Goodnight Mister Tom
5) The Bishop's Wife
6) It's A Wonderful Life
7) Zulu

Seven people to tag.

No-one in particular. If anyone wants to do this, though, let me know that you've done it from me and I can add a link.