Sunday, May 22, 2005

Oh, That Was Nice...

I missed it at the time, but I made it in the Independent's letters page a few days ago...

Sir: John Curtice is too quick to dismiss the Alternative Vote as a superior choice to PR ("System Failure", 10 May). His example of it giving a Blair majority of 98 based on ballots in 2005 is unfair, given that we cannot predict how voting patterns would change under a fairer system, such as AV. While I am delighted with The Independent's "Campaign for Democracy", I hope the case for AV will get a second look.

RICHARD HUZZEY
ST ANNE'S COLLEGE, OXFORD


If only my first published letter wasn't on a subject where I was convinced of the need for AV+, over AV, within 48 hours of it making press. I don't suppose anyone will have a copy of the paper on that day lying about? If so, drop me an e-mail for A Small Reward.