Friday, April 22, 2005

Disenfranchised

I am gutted.

I know it is silly, but... I actually feel heart-broken.

My landlady has forgotten to comply with my request to be listed on the electoral roll, and I am hence ineligible to vote. Now, Oxford West is a safe LibDem seat, but even so, I feel like I'm spiritually diminished by being denied the chance to go and put a cross in the box. I'm... gutted.

But then I remembered an episode of the West Wing, where Donna Moss accidentally voted Republican, and then found a Republican to vote Democrat in order to redress the balance.

I'm therefore going to ask anybody reading this, who lives in Oxford West, and who was intending not to vote at all, if they'd e-mail me, and agree to a similar honourable vote-swap? You vote Lib Dem, and I don't vote; each on the other's behalf.

I'd love to see this happen, so I do implore you to make me feel a little bit better about myself by contacting me if you, or anyone you know, was intending to abstain.